Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Glengarry Glen Ross

1992

Dir: James Foley (Who's That Girl?; Confidence)

When I put the Beatles on the stereo, I always ask myself "Why is it again that I listen to anything but this music?" The cinematic equivalent is Glengarry Glen Ross. The story of crooked real estate salesmen is low on plot, but stratospheric in acting and writing.

Pacino, Harris, Lemmon, Spacey, Arkin, Pryce, uh OK, I'm there. Even Baldwin is great. And Mamet, oh, glorious Mamet, with words that put adrenalin through me like a car chase scene in a movie. Literally, like some incredibly tense chase scene, but just with words!

This may be my favorite movie of all time. I mean it.

MAP

1 Comments:

Blogger ronvon2 noted on 8/24/2005 08:47:00 PM that...

You are right this movies is so $%**&!%^$@%$ awesome.  

~~~