Monday, December 19, 2005

F.A.R.T. The Movie

A few words in my defense.

1. I thought this was directed by the Farrelly brothers who did Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin and my favorite Stuck on You. Nope, this was directed by the Farley brothers who to my knowledge have done nothing funny.

2. My video store offers three movies for 3.33, which means that I paid only 1.11 for this 3 day rental or about .38 per day. I believe I was ripped off.

3. I thought there would be just enough cheap humor to sustain me after grading a lot of finals -- I was wrong.

Okay . . .

This movie is craptacular. Unfunny and poorly put together. I love fart humor, and the premise, of a college student who has an illness that forces him to fart whenever he is stressed, seemed promising. Not so.

The worst part is that the gag isn't really used all that well? And it certainly isn't consistent -- while farts show up in the movie, they really aren't funny nor are they tied to the punchlines of the film. Instead we get 40 year old leading men playing college seniors, flat dialogue and nightmarish characters.

The rest of the movie is a clear copy in the template of college/youth ranchy comedies. But other films, such as Porkies or The New Guy all do it soooooo much better. Terrible, simply terrible.

Stay away . . . stay very far away.

3 Comments:

Blogger ronvon2 noted on 12/19/2005 08:43:00 PM that...

But the real question: what does F.A.R.T. stand for? or is that the real pay off in a Sixth Sense sort of way?  

~~~
Blogger Paul Johnson noted on 12/22/2005 06:18:00 PM that...

dude, that movie sounds like it really sucks  

~~~
Blogger paroske noted on 12/25/2005 01:46:00 PM that...

I don't need to see this movie . . . I am living it.

MAP  

~~~